The Jersey Shore has so many things to do and places to go that we can't possibly list them all. Bay Head and the surrounding areas in Ocean County offer literally hundreds of specialty stores, antique shops, auction houses, galleries, chain stores & malls. All manner of water sports are available, plus biking and birding.
Relax on the porch - We have over 125 feet of covered porches at the Bed & Breakfast Inn. Get lost in a book, enjoy a glass of your favorite beverage, nap or just sit back and enjoy the ocean breeze.
A leisurely stroll on the beach - Our white sandy beach welcomes the deep blue Atlantic Ocean with crashing applause while large shingled Victorian homes overlook the grassy dunes. Always clean, never crowded and just 3 houses away from our B & B accommodation.
A relaxing bicycle ride - through our quaint New Englandesque town. Bikes can be rented (they will bring them to the inn for you) or feel free to bring your own.
Treasure Hunting: We supply you with the metal detectors and digging tools to scan the beaches for lost treasures.
Enjoy a relaxing massage (by appointment) at one of the establishments below.
Therapeutic Touch in Bay Head
Massage available with advance notice here at the inn (in the off season). 732-892-9589
The Sea Spa in Point Pleasant Beach
Bay Head's quaint shops are diverse and interesting Bay Head Shoppes
Monmouth Mall New Jersey's fifth largest shopping center, is just off the Garden State Parkway at Exit 105 and can also be accessed via Routes 18, 35 and 36.
Bay Head Historical Society Museum Serving Bay Head, Mantoloking and Loveland town
New Jersey Museum Of Boating At Johnson Brothers Marina
Toms River Seaport Society Maritime Museum
New Jersey Museum Of Boating Johnson Brothers Boat Works, 1800 Bay ve., Building 12, Point Pleasant 732-859-4767
Several antique shops right in town and many more within a short drive of the Inn.
- Cobwebs: Bridge Ave, Bay Head, 732-892-8005
- Fables: 410 Main Ave, Bay Head, 732-899-36334
- Found Things: 89 Bridge Ave, Bay Head 732-899-7690
The following are in Point Pleasant Beach:
- Point Pavilion Antique: Centre 608 Arnold Ave, 732-899-6300
- Classy Collectables: 633 Arnold Ave, 732-714-0957
- Ambiance Antiques: 707 Arnold Ave, 732-295-9202
- Concepts I Auction House: 1125 Arnold Ave, 732-892-6040
- La Sirena: 511 Bay Ave, Point Pleasant Beach 732-899-9303
- Antiques On Bay: 513 Bay Ave, 732-295-4113
- Treasure House Gifts: 601 Bay Ave, 732-892-7200
- Pleasant Times: 626 Bay Ave, 732-295-0005
- Fond Memories: 628 Bay Ave, 732-892-1917
- Antique Emporium: Bay & Trenton Ave, 732-892-2222
- Vincent Michael & Co.: 614 Trenton Ave, 73-701-0255
- Point Pleasant Galleries: 626 Ocean Ave, 732-892-2217
- Sidney Lehrer Antiques & Decorations: 420 Richmond Ave (Route 35 South) 732-899-8949
- Shore Antique Center: 300 Route 35 North (near Broadway) 732-295-5771
We have 3 fine art galleries in town: Anchor And Palette, Artisan's Galleria and Gull Studios Art Gallery
From mid June till frost at Emery's Berry Patch. Organic U-Pick and packed blueberries, raspberries, pumpkins, vegetable and herbs. 609-758-8514
Plenty of shops in Bay Head and nearby Point Pleasant. Major chain stores in Bricktown and Ocean County Mall is just 20 minutes away. Outlet shopping in Jackson Township
at Loews Theatre in Bricktown Loew's timetable
- Algonquin Arts Theatre A wide range of dramatic and musical theatre in Manasquan
- The Historic Strand Theatre A variety of shows featuring tip entertainers, play, musicals and concerts. A beautifully restored turn of the century theatre in Lakewood
Point Pleasant Beach Boardwalk offers all sorts of rides for the kids, arcades, games, food & recreation. (Arcade open all year round)
The Casino Pier at Seaside Heights features over 40 rides imported from all over the world, games, entertainment.
Six Flags Great Adventure Amusement Park with the largest collections of roller coasters in the world. Just 30 minutes from the Inn.
Six Flags Wild Safari is the world's largest drive-thru Safari outside Africa. As you travel through the 350-acre preserve, you'll encounter more than 1,200 animals from six continents roaming freely. Get up close to zebras, elephants, rhinos, and tigers on your 4.5-mile voyage.
Jenkinson's Aquarium open year round. Exhibits such as Atlantic sharks, Pacific sharks, coral reefs, penguins, alligators and seals give you the opportunity to get up close to animals from around the globe. Another attraction, the touch tank, allows visitors to touch live animals ranging from a sea star to a juvenile shark!
Casino Pier Breakwater Beach (formerly Waterworks water slides): This family oriented park is newly renovated and has many new attractions! The Family Play Section is a totally interactive multi-level area for everyone from 3 to 103. With our water slides you will find a different experience with each twist and turn. Also, with hundreds of interactive play elements and dancing fountains you will not stay dry for long. All while having fun with your family and creating life long memories.
River Boat Cruises: The River Belle & River Queen are replicas of Mississippi Riverboats. With mahogany decks, varnished interior, and a view to die for, they offer an unparalleled atmosphere for sightseeing, dining, or dancing the day or night away. All cruises take place on the calm inland waters of the Manasquan & Metedeconk Rivers, the Point Pleasant Canal and the Barnegat Bay.
Manasquan Water Taxi: The Water Taxi has a variety of services which include weekend restaurant and bar hopping. In addition, The Manasquan River Water Taxi runs non-stop service between the best restaurant and entertainment hot spots on the Manasquan River in Point Pleasant, Point Pleasant Beach, and Brielle New Jersey.
Fishing & Whale Watching:
Party and charter boats in Point Pleasant Beach, Brielle and Manasquan offer all types of fishing. Surf fishing on local beaches. Small boat rentals.
- Carcharodon Sportfishing
- Benchmark Sportfishing Charters
- The Gambler Sport Fishing
- The Norma K III Party Boat Fishing
- 125' Jamaica
- The Dauntless
- 110' Atlantis
- Miss Michele
- The Barvic
- The Edge Sportfishing
Jet Ski, Kayak & Pedal Boat Rentals
- Pedals N Paddles Route 35 Seaside Hgts. 732-830-5757
- Get Wet Watersports Route 35 Seaside Hgts. 732-830-6424
- Seaside Waverunners Route 35 Seaside Hgts. 732-830-8171
- Pier 1 Watersports Route 37 Toms River 732-270-4667
- Cedar Creek Campground Route 9 Bayville 732-269-1413
- Yaks Kayak Rentals 732-830-1835 (pick-up and delivery)
Point Pleasant Parasail Oceanfront flights are a combination of an off shore powerboat ride, parachuting, ballooning, sailing and gliding. Point Pleasant Parasail has flown people from age 2 to 96. Take off from land and land on the flight deck. 35 Broadway, Point Pleasant Beach 732-714-2359
Seaside Sailing Company Sit back and enjoy the sights while basking in the warm summer sunshine or, lend a hand as "crew" and learn the ropes while you take the wheel.
Kokomo Charters Captain John & 1st Mate Hallie invite you to join them for fun filled sail. Our 42' center cockpit yacht provides luxury and comfort no matter the weather. Take the wheel, learn about sailing or just lay back and enjoy the warm sunshine and beautiful sights from our deck or in the comfort of our shaded cockpit.
- Divers Two Belmar 732-776-7755
- Underwater Discovery Toms River 732-270-9100
- New Jersey Shipwreck Diving Welcome to NJdive.com. A site to promote scuba diving in New Jersey.
Public courses within 1/2 hour of the Inn
- Lakewood Country Club Lakewood 732-363-8124
- Forge Pond Golf Course Bricktown 732-920-8899
- Eagle Ridge Golf Club Lakewood 732-901-4900
- Bey Lea Golf Course Dover Twsp. 732-349-0566
- Pine Barrens Golf Club Jackson Twsp. 877-746-3227
- Bel-Aire Golf Course Wall Twsp. 732-449-6024
- Hominy Hill Golf Course Colts Neck 732-462-9222
- Howell Park Golf Course Howell 732-938-4771
Anytime Fitness in Point Pleasant
Vive Fitness in Point Pleasant Beach
Meridian Health Fitness Center in Nearby Bricktown
Our saltwater Twilight Lake is home to a wide variety of migratory and local feathered friends. See Ocean County park facilities for many more natural areas.
The historic lighthouse in Sea Girt hosts guided tours every Sunday from 2pm to 4pm throughout the summer. 732-974-0514
Celebrates the life and times of James P. Allaire's Howell Iron Works Company, a major industrial center in the 1830s. Located in Wall Township, this 19th century village consists of a working blacksmith shop, carpenter shop, general store, bakery, church, enameling building, carriage house, row houses, and other dwellings. Numerous special events and educational programs are offered at the village year round. Stroll the streets of this living history museum, tour the historic buildings, explore the retail shops and observe master craftsmen demonstrate their age-old trade. www.allairevillage.org
This park features guided boat tours, fishing, a 5-mile perimeter trail and ice-skating. In addition, kayaks and rowboats are available for rent. Reservoir Website
Wall Speedway Auto Racing Wall Twsp. 732-681-6400
New Egypt Speedway Dirt Track New Egypt 609-758-1900
Freehold Raceway Horse Racing Freehold 732-462-3800
Monmouth Park Horse Racing Oceanport 732-222-5100
Cream Ridge Winery About 40 minutes from the Inn
Jenkinson's Point Pleasant Beach 732-899-0569
Martel's Tiki Bar Point Pleasant Beach 732-892-0131
The Parker House Sea Girt 732-449-0442
Uncle Vinnie's Comedy Club Point Pleasant Beach 732-899-3900
Paint Your Own Pottery:
Git' Fired Up Pottery Point Pleasant Beach 732-892-7259, A fun way to spend a rainy day for kids and adults.